Many accept that Apple iPhones are very safe, but some common mistakes can catch fire.
And the British newspaper, The Sun, reported on a group of the biggest iPhone mistakes that users should avoid so expensive devices don’t catch fire.
Third party chargers
Apple provides the iPhone with its own charger and sells alternatives through its store. But be very careful when using third-party cables or adapters as they can be manufactured cheaply and without proper safety standards.
“Charging with such adapters can present a risk of death or injury,” Apple says. Even a faulty charger can cause a fire if it malfunctions.
Be careful if you use damaged, broken, frayed cable, etc.
Apple warns that “using damaged cables or chargers, or charging in the presence of moisture, can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to the iPhone or other property.”
And if you have a damaged cable or adapter, simply replace it, as continuing to use a frayed cable can be very dangerous.
On its website, Apple explains, “Don’t try to replace the iPhone battery yourself. IPhone lithium-ion battery should be replaced by Apple or an authorized service provider.
“Improper replacement or repair can lead to battery damage, overheating or injury,” the company added.
A battery that is too hot can burn you and a damaged lithium-ion battery can catch fire.
Don’t sleep with him
Be careful when charging your iPhone overnight. And if you usually sleep with your phone on the bed, make sure it’s not plugged in.
And above all, don’t get used to keeping it under your pillow while it’s plugged in. In fact, never leave your iPhone under or inside anything when it’s plugged in.
Apple recommends, “Keep your iPhone, AC adapter, and any wireless chargers in a well-ventilated area while using or charging. “